Thursday 6 February 2014

TALL, DARK, HANDSOME AND RICH! (2)



The day to see Biodun finally came. I woke up that morning with my heart pounding. I dreamt that he got married to me and another woman on the same day, but I wore a red gown while the other woman wore  a white gown. “What could this dream mean?” I wondered. Well, I shoved away the lingering thoughts of the dream and prepared breakfast with Westlife’s Flying without wings playing from my laptop.


I took extra time getting dressed. I diligently applied the foundation, Mary Kay powder, eye shadow, lipstick and eyeliner. I used a natural-fragrance body spray for a feminine scent and an Elizabeth Arden perfume, Sunflowers. I had made a new hairstyle the previous day and I wore a short pencil gown, one that showed my curves well.

I walked a few distance from my hall of residence to the junction where I waited for a bus. After waiting for a while, a leafy-green Hyundai Sonata, 2013 model passed by me. I was busy admiring the sporty Toyota car when the car reversed and stopped right in front of me. I was wondering which of my friends it could be. When the car window was rolled down, a male figure smiled at me from the car, honestly, I have never seen teeth so white in my life and yes… the lips were bright pink and full. I bent to see who the young gentleman was.

Biodun!

I was amazed, astounded and thrown completely aback. At that point, my heart went on a break. I felt tumbles in my tummy. I waited for a few seconds outside his car, hoping it was another dream and my legs felt heavy, like 10 bags of cement. I mean, the guy I spent my nights and days thinking of was parked right in front of me, smiling so widely and offering me a lift! I entered his car and heard Akon’s song, Lonely, playing softly in the car. He complimented how I looked and I smiled at him. He complimented my smile and I laughed. He complimented my laugh and I blushed and then he looked at me  and told me I was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen. My world instantly stood still. I silently prayed that moment would last forever. He asked to see me during the weekend that followed and as we talked, he took away a strand of hair that hid my face. His hand felt like foam. He asked me out on a date that same day.

The rest is history.

We saw every day after the first date and we went out almost every day. Each day was worth looking forward to because he made it special. He was a phenomenal guy, the type you want to spend the rest of your life with.

This continued till a cool Friday evening stroll- we gisted, laughed, played and admired nature as we walked-the trees were waving at us and the birds acknowledged our presence with their chirps. Suddenly, he drew me close to him, looked deep into my eyes as if he saw his heart inside and we had our first kiss.

It tasted of chocolate.



(Watch out for part 3!)

1 comment:

  1. hmmmmmmmm.....I reserve my comment. Waiting for Part 3

    ReplyDelete