Tuesday 18 February 2014

ABORTION: IS IT REALLY MURDER?





I was at home with mum and my brothers one cool evening when we decided to check through the new materials and books that had arrived the previous day from the United Kingdom.


We opened a box up and we were drawn to a beautiful magazine that read: "TRUTHS ABOUT ABORTION: PRO-LIFE OR PRO-CHOICE". We had hardly opened three pages of pictures when mum burst into tears…. Real tears I tell you. I wondered why she was crying… yes, the pictures were those of aborted babies, the babies were virtually butchered, their little brains were cut wide open and they looked like grilled meat with their fingers dropping by their sides but “how In the world does that concern my mum and why was she crying”, I wondered. My elder brother looked on without a clue; he was probably in the same dilemma as I was. I went to mum and sat near her and with hot tears of pain trickling down her face, she said"God, the blood of these children cries up to you, please have mercy". I touched her on the back, she cried more. I left her alone, not knowing exactly how to stop the tears, but my mind was gone… blood cries? How on earth will blood cry up to God? So even if the blood cried, what was God’s concern with it, at least, God doesn’t kill… or did He this time around? I felt pain too, and wondered why lives and destiny were wasted.

Little did I know I will be fighting for the cause that was birthed years ago by that single incident. Little did I know I would see a picture of an aborted baby and my heart will bleed like it was pierced with a knife.

I, Mosimiloluwa stand corrected and can be challenged on this, but I am of the firm belief that no matter how you decide to put it, Abortion is Murder. Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING justifies sin- if taking another’s life is considered an offense under the law, then abortion is in no way different from murder. Irrespective of the stage of fetal development, life is life and taking that life at whatever stage is called MURDER.

Let’s not go to deep into scientific journals and analogies on; let’s not complicate issues by too much knowledge. I’m not being a religious fanatic- Frankly, I don’t have the time to be one. I’m just of the strong belief that nothing prevails over truth, but for the truth- Let’s say it as it is: God is the reason for existence, and you don’t take away from another what you never gave in the first place.

It’s time to take a stand for God in this generation. We’ve had enough of complacency. Let’s join hands and protect the sacredness of human life. Say “NO” to abortion.

P.S: Need someone to talk to? Please feel free to send me a message/mail:
Facebook id: Koye-Ladele Mosimiloluwa
Email address: koyesimi@gmail.com.

I care, I really do!


9 comments:

  1. I should send you an email soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see this opinion from a perspective with the premise that there ought to be sanctity for human life- Life is life.
    I'm of this position too but when there are clashes confusion sets in. In a case where the mother's life is at extreme risk, should the fetus' life be protected at her expense? It's a situation that divides even stern advocates of Pro-life. At this juncture whose life is morally superior; the endangered mother's or the innocent fetus?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simi, I get your point... But frankly - like crispy points out - I assume any man would take their woman (wife) over a fetus if they had to choose.

      Delete
    2. Yeah bro, I think I get crispy's perspective. My target is actually people who abort pregnancies that result from illicit sexual affairs the percentage of which is getting increasingly higher by the day

      Delete
  3. I support your stand on this issue and encourage your boldness...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pls checkout this link....
    VIEWER DISCRETION IS STRONGLY ADVISED

    http://www.deafcube.com/2013/07/31/chinese-eat-baby-soup-for-sex/

    ReplyDelete