Wednesday 22 January 2014

SEX...AND SO F****** WHAT?


I stared at him in unbelief.” No, this cannot be true”, I said to myself. He continued talking “yes, that’s where grace comes in, after committing a sin; you ask God to  forgive you and you move on; Simi, do you think sexual sins are so grievous that God won't forgive? Each time I have sex with a lady, I ask for forgiveness and I move on with life”. I was shocked at the statement. This was a discussion with a ”Christian” friend who told me about how grace will always cover his sins.
Just when I left him, wondering the manner of men we have in this world, I met another “church” guy who asked me out and promised to give me the deepest kiss of my life the day I give him a yes, all the while I was talking to him, he was busy paying attention to my lips and it was obvious that he got attracted to what he could see only and not the woman in me. Shock was an understatement this time around; I was shaken to my foundations. I left that day promising myself never to even mistakenly mention the word “Yes” to him even in our subsequent casual conversations.
This morning, a friend, Favour Omoruyi posted something on Facebook. He said “if there is one thing the church has always done, it is to keep quiet on some sensitive and important issues... I feel the time of silence is long over”. We don’t really talk much about Sex in church; some people even feel that the word “Sex” should not be mentioned in the Church because the Church is a “holy ground” but wait… who created Sex? Who made it an act of worship to Him between a man and a woman within the sacred confines of marriage? Is it not God? So why do we act as though sex is so unholy and dirty?
Well, I've learned not to argue scriptures... it's a waste of time to do so, but I am of the opinion that grace is not a license to sin; grace is a teacher. The bible says the grace of God that brought salvation has appeared to all men,TEACHING us that having denied impiety and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, and justly, and piously in the present course of things. Grace does not tolerate sin, grace teaches us to live right. So, if I would answer the first guy, I would say God is not a fool; we cannot continue in sin and expect grace to abound.  God forgives truly… but God should not be taken as a fool
And to the second guy, I’ll doff my hat to the guy who looks beyond a lady’s curves, hip, lips and fingertips and looks into her heart and her soul to discover the woman she is. I’ll respect a guy who is not only attracted to the way I look, but to my potentials, my abilities, a guy who will sow seeds to see me grow, a guy who will look into my eyes when my dark long hair has turned gray and my smooth chocolate African skin has wrinkled and still see the beauty in me.
Enough of these panting after a woman’s body like it is oxygen, enough of these Sex craziness in our culture… we need men and women to rise, people that despite the decadence in our society will stick to God’s word and wait for sex till marriage. We need men that will make up their minds to stay faithful to God and their spouses despite the raging hormones and nude ladies all over the place and women that will stand firm in decency and never compromise their stand.

 May God help us all.

19 comments:

  1. Hmm...Mummy Simi, tell them!
    Kudos to you dear, well done, God is your strength, in case you feel nobody is reading this blog or no one is following, just know I am your number one fan.
    Stay strong dearie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Writeup..
    Interesting and valid points made.

    While I try to preach Abstinence, I also preach Safe Sex (use a condom), for the sake of the unborn child. It hurts me more seeing fruits of premature sex suffer the sins of their parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whales, you should see me after the service for intense wording.

      Delete
  3. :) I don't preach anything.
    I prefer to just sip my green tea and coke. @whale, your code don crash server oh. :|

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great word Simi. Keep it up!. I pray the "church" guys experience the love of Christ that passes knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm.Simi I am proud of u.More of dis.This is d least of u,d sky is ur startin pt.
    If Christians(ppl dat had an experience wt d cross) understand d tins @ stake wen they exchange true glory for packaged emptiness, we wl all take heed to aw lives. The enemy is using ds sex madness to destroy destinies. We are the hope of d world, we can nt afford to exchange aw destiny wt pleasure. Let us choose btw God nd satan nd enjoy aw choice dan being on d fence.
    We also need to pray nd show love 2 aw friends who av slipped, it aw duty to remind them of Christ's unconditional love for them.If David could be forgiven(who committed adultery nd murder),they can still be used of God if they truly repent nd forsake their iniquity.It is a loss to God's Kingdom if they continue in iniquity.

    U spoke ma heart dear.May the Lord help us by His grace to take a stand 4 Him lik Daniel did in his time in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen.Thanks Ife...and I strongly agree with you dear

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely, I pray those guys or we guys as the case may be will tap from this. Of a truth, the moral decadence in the world is growing with an exponential rate. However, God is looking for men of high honesty, modesty and godly minds. May God help us all. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gr8!...God bless ur insight!...To some Grace is just an idea,for which there sure r consequences of misuse b4 God.For some,Grace has bn received for which they will not undermine its worth haven been saved from certain destruction.For a few, the giver of Grace has bn encountered,to whom they owe an indescribable reference,awe and Godly fear.Again,narrow is the road that leads to life.Those who truly find Jesus,find Life so that His Grace is not reduced to an idea.God u

    ReplyDelete
  10. Without mincing words, I want to commend your effort and your courage. I am impressed and I expect more of this. Bless your sister. I was sharing with Ifeoluwa, I said I perceive the revolution that this present generation needs will be through letters! We read the letters of Paul (in the Scriptures) and the likes, and our lives has changed and still changing. May God increase us all in knowledge and understanding of His truth. May He also help us to communicate His truth rightly to the world. Remain blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. To Simi, i CELEBRATE YOU AND YOUR COURAGE!!!!
    To the rest, i believe that it was not Simi's intention to shear this experience for just "comments and praise" or the "You-did-well" comments...
    i believe she sheared this experience with us so that we also in our own little way can be BRAVE to STAND and FIGHT this common enemy (sexual immorality) among so-called believers....
    As much as we want to deny it, it is very present in the church and i have even been guilty of it in the past...
    it is about-time we take a firm stand against this devil and stop shearing those unnecessary rev's that never builds character and love...Remain blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmmmmmmnn!! Similoluwa!! Keep it flying

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simi, I have been searching for d "Like", can't find it. This is just 'straight from the heart'. Love your sincerity and I hope this would present and mark an indelible landmark in someone's life. We seriously need this kind of piece in our generation, ringing in our heads every seconds. God bless you dear. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice one Simi,keep it up...its in you, tell the world

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for this piece Mosimi!

    ReplyDelete