Sunday 12 January 2014

ME, TRUST…… never? (1)



I’ve had quite a lot of experiences in my young life… some I have had to wonder why I went through, some I was happy I went through and some I never thought I could go through. They all have one thing in common… I went through them.
I wiped hot tears off my face, swallowed the salty saliva that had gathered in my mouth, looked up, touched my chest and promised myself NEVER to trust…..what is the point of trusting? I’d rather trust a dog than humans. If you think I keep things to myself, it’s not because I’m secretive or deceptive, it’s just a way to keep people off my life so I don’t become vulnerable to the extent of being hurt. Yes, vulnerability-Trust makes you vulnerable and vulnerable people are weak people, at least, that’s what I have been made to think. But wait… should I really trust again? How do I trust someone who went deep into my heart, drew out my most innermost feelings, gets into some of the most private details of my life (the type you whisper to GOD) and then throws it away in the wind and shares it with “someone” who then shares it with another “someone” till my private life is made public.
This is a heart echo, one that indicates what goes on in many hearts…..hearts that have been through something called pain, hearts that hurt so bad and have been dented by various occurrences.  *Sighs* Trust is a subject I’ve been thinking about for quite a while now and I’ll say trust is “voluntarily making yourself totally dependent on another for some outcome or another, or for some result or consequence”. Trusting is like presenting someone a blank sheet of paper…… its left to the person what becomes of the paper. But let’s think together: Should a single incident stop one from trusting? Should one cut off the head just because of a headache? Will bars erected round one’s heart provide sure protection against hurting? At what point should one stop trusting?
Join me in the next post as we dig deeper into TRUST and how it plays in our lives. Please don’t forget to drop your comments and also feel very free to disagree with me on any issue.

Thanks for dropping by.

Similolu 

2 comments:

  1. Saw u today at abt after service at the campus gate,thot I saw u saying hi,but realised u were'nt my gestures went unnoticed,till I gave up wanting to make u see me...Shld that hurt me? Shld that mean I cant and shld'nt trust u? Not in the least I believe.Most times people aint aware u want to be able to trust them.Usually,they cant even see u(like u didnt see me) asking for or needing trust.And u go about thinking they cant be trusted(like I have a choice to think u saw me,but also, I have a choice to trust that u did'nt).When u make trust known as a character or virtue u cherish,u'll attract desame.Now,enough of past mistrusts and betrayals,we must put them in the past if we must lay hold of the good life ahead.We are better and stronger now,we can and shld live beyond every doubt and mistrust.We have the means,and we know the signs.When u cant find trust,create it by keeping no secret if u are matured enough to leave beyond regret and pessimism.Trust is usually the epitome of the human character pyramid,it follows integrity and loyalty.We may be seeking trust too early,while we ought to simply grow into it.Trust actually comes or surfaces at the peak of our weakness,when we have lost guard and all hope for a saviour is lost.The only trust that remains is that which u have built in urself until u see its reflection in the eyes of others.Simply put,if u dnt trust somebody,wait a minute...u might be dangerously trusting urself too much.If u do trust somebody to ur own hurt,wait a minute...u might be much in need of some internal security urself,u'll need then to build some more character.
    Hope not too many words to a friend! God u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooow....Johnson, that's a cool one up there and largely, I understand what you're saying. I think I should say I'm sorry I didn't return your gestures*smiles*. Please watch out for the next posts as it would specifically address a whole lot....catch ya

    ReplyDelete