Friday 16 May 2014

Work Hard. Live Hard. Love Hard (…the past 10.5 months of my life)

Really, words fail to express the exact way I feel right now. This is that moment when you look back and safely conclude the essence of ‘Work’ is to ‘Live’ and the essence of living is to ‘Love’.


I started I.T with high hopes at the Centre of Excellence in Software Engineering; I planned to spend 6 months gaining all I could in the Software industry, but much thanks to the 5-months ASUU strike, I ended up spending 10.5 months of intensive learning…. Well, approximately one year by moi calendar.

Honestly, I learnt far much more than I could have ever imagined; Technically speaking from Database Management to Seductive Interactive designs and front end development all perfectly mixed with other life lessons like Leadership, teamwork and *smiles*, the art of crimeslol (thanks to Boss Boye).

Starting from the first cubicle, Rahman is just fantastic; he practically showed me men are incomplete without womenlol. Eze will always compliment my dress sense, cos of Eze, I consciously add that extra touch to make me look good and get extra compliments..lol. Jide taught me what the creative romance means…..*smiles*. P.Tayo will always treat me like his younger sister and intentionally yabb me publicly, cos he knows I will never get angry with him. T.Fagbowore- cool, calm and collected. Wale Oyediran will always mind his business and make me mind mine….Wale taught me punctuality and I know I won’t be late for my wedding cos of the hard lesson Wale taught me. Terfar will just always support and fan the activist in me; he’s there to listen to how I will take on the world and how I intend to BringBackOurGirlslol. Moyin is just a sweetheart, lovely and funnyerrrrmmm, she’s not gentle; please beware! Yemi and Goke are the best peer programmers in existenceyou guys are going places, I see it already. Mercy, Sushy, Uche, Busayo…….awesome people! Boss Boye, the perfect criminal every lady should have; the BOss, the boSS and the BOSS; He brought out the ME in ME;He allowed me to be myself and was always dropping life nuggets, each day with him was dose of an important lesson to take through life.

I love you allreally, I do. It pains me I didn’t celebrate any birthday at COEXbut you made my stay a memorable one. Thank you for being a big part of my life! We’ll see at the top!

It’s me
Mosimiloluwa

5 comments:

  1. Interesting, girl!! Happy for you. Truth be said, beyond everything we've gained technically in the course of these months, the relationships we've built with one another is what wraps everything as being remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tolu, yes oh!!! I strongly agree with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. The title of this post looks very familiar... Me likey. Great to see you learning stuff and moving up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking for the "Love Hard" part....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It takes a great deal of perception to be able to recognise and interprete moments, very few can recognise them. Funny enough, when such moments ary lost, they are lost. It seems to me that you have found such moments these past 10.5 months. Am happy for you.
    Also it takes a great deal of courage and sincerity to be able to appreciate people from your heart. A lot of people are afraid to do so.
    You're doing fine!!!

    ReplyDelete