Monday 3 November 2014

MY PARENTS 24TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY+ TIMI DAKOLO'S PROPHECY




Today is a great day in my life. Maybe it’s because mum decided to walk down the aisle with Dad, this time- exactly 24 years ago. Honestly, Love, much more than a feeling is a decision. I also look forward to ‘deciding’ soon sha but lemme focus on my BSc. Computer Science for now.


*******

Okay….hmmmm*deep sigh* I listened to a song oh, and it’s been on repeat since oh. It’s the awesome Timi Dakolo’s song, GREAT NATION. I plugged my ears in class this morning, listened to it and before I knew it, tears filled my ears.

The lyric goes thus;
           
Here we stand as a people
with one song: with one voice
we're a nation: undivided and poised  
we will take our stand: and build our land
with faith: to defend what is ours 

Here we are as a people 
with one heart: for one cause  
we're determined: to rebuild and restore
where freedom reigns: and truth prevails  
a land where there's hope for us all (2x)

(chorus)
We're all we have, we'll defend our land
we believe in this nation, and we know we'll  get there
we're all we have, we'll defend our land 
we believe in Nigeria and the promise she holds 
and that one day we'll shine like the sun
we're a great nation

Though we are many people 
different tribes: different tongues
we're united in our strength and resolve
to uphold the honour of our land   
and for generations to come


I’ve never been this crazy about Nigeria. This is my fatherland, I owe Nigeria the best of my days and my strength; to defend her unity and uphold her honour and glory. As God lives, Come year 2025, Nigeria will rank among top 10 richest economies in the world.
I see it!


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...24 years. So beautiful is this thing called Love.
    Isn't that so?
    Timi 's song captures me too I must confess and my love for Nigeria is huge. One song I hear that always moves me to real instant tears is Arise O Compatriots.

    AOB: If you can listen to Cry from the river (I'm not so sure of the title) by Timi, you should love it too.

    ReplyDelete