Friday 28 November 2014

I SAW PRESIDENT JONATHAN



I saw President GEJ today.
I learnt he’s from a minority group in Nigeria
And that his presidency was prophesied by Chief Obafemi Awolowo
Some people say he’s the best thing that ever happened to Nigeria; Others say otherwise
One thing I know... Leadership is a lot of work


He looked good and well-fed, of course, a president should
Still, I saw STRESS clearly written on his face
A lot of people wonder what he’s done
Others wonder what he is doing
One thing I strongly can infer so far is…. Even if he’s working; it has not shown- I blame the system, corruption has eaten out the flesh of the system such that anything you give to it is as good as wasted

I left the hall, hoping someday, I’ll have a one-on-one talk with him
I’ll ask him what it took to stand the pressures of being a leader
I'll ask him if he had moments of shedding tears as a leader
And I’ll smile at him, telling the story of how Nigeria ‘worked out’
Because people like you and me took it up from this point
And wrote our desired story with our own pens

So I'll do what I can do well, till I become an 'Outlier' doing it
So I'll serve humanity, cos as a Jaycee, I agree that's the best work of life
I'll do what is right and influence others to do so too
And I'll round it all up with prayers
'O God of Creation, Direct our NOBLE cause'

Arise O'Compatriots, Obey Nigeria's call!





2 comments:

  1. Great piece Simi! Leadership is indeed a very important topic. All the best to all current African Leaders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the art of leadership is daring and burdensome sometimes. It should be very hard for him with all the calamities that has befallen Nigeria during his tenure. But one thing is sure, he could have proven to be the man of the people if he had stopped for a minute to address the students. It would have been well appreciated.

    ReplyDelete