Sunday 9 July 2017

PUSH



It was a Tuesday morning. As I walked through the corridors of the hospital in which I was, with my mum, I heard a loud scream from a woman in a nearby room. Startled, I asked my mum why the woman screamed. Turning to me, mum said, “Simi, we just passed a labour room”. I went silent, thoughts racing through my mind. “Labour room!”, I thought to myself, “Wow, what goes on in there is no joke”.

While I will not attempt to reduce to nothing what the labour room means to a pregnant woman, the labour room is actually one room we all go into at some points in life. I'd define this room as a birthing place - the place which you go into to bring out what is inside you. You may need to cry, shout or even scream but you cannot keep the 'baby' in you any longer. Your baby may be a dream, a relationship, a project, a business plan...anything! Just birth it forth!

The push will not be easy. You may want the baby to stay inside a little longer, you may even wish you never got pregnant but with every ounce of energy you have left in you, PUSH that baby out and experience the endless joy that follows.

Have a fantastic week ahead.

Similoluwa.

No comments:

Post a Comment